Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  connections and repair diagnosis of home theater
20508815

Have a Panasonic SB-WA920 Active Subwoofer has no cable with

Customer Question

Have a Panasonic SB-WA920 Active Subwoofer has no cable with it to hook up w/ head unit It has the "old " muti pin plug into the subwoofer. would like to hook it up to a more modern head unit that has the single pin cable hook up do you sell any type of adaptive cable for hook up..thanks scott **************JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? Customer: Model # SB-WA 920 about 20 years old still works no cable to hook it to more modern devices thanks JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: Just can not find adaptive cable for subwoofer. no technical problems Maybe this was just a stand alone system JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you? Customer: No just need to know if there is a cable out there that I can purchase to connect subwoofer to current system thanks

Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joe replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Expert:  Joe replied 11 days ago.

Scott,

I am sorry but that system uses a cable that is propitiatory to that system only. To use a source unit with an rca sub input will require a subwoofer that utilizes just that as there is no cable to adapt these.

Unfortunately that is the only way. I try not to recommend these systems that use propitiatory cables because this comes up all the time that once they want to use another receiver it will not work or the cable was lost and there are no replacements available in many cases.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. Rating is the only way the question completes and without rating it is still an active question.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!