Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My at&t cable/dvr picture went black while i was gone. At&t

my at&t cable/dvr picture went black while i was gone. At&t did trouble shooting online and said that they rebuilt the box remotely. Everything was fine for a few days. Now my tv picture flickers through a Denon AVR-X1200W.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung 46" 4 years old. Don't have the model, I'm at work.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: disconnected and reconnected the HDMI and power. when i test the bluray, apple tv or cable/sat connections the picture flickers. Then when i shut down the Denon, the cable box still flickers when i am running sound throught the tv. I have to unplug connections to box and reset.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

So the flickering happens only on att, correct? Not on dvd or appletv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry for the delay, wells fargo questioned the charge.it started with at&t, now it occurs on all Denon TV viewing settings.

If you bypass the denon, and connect the cable (or other) directly to the tv via hdmi, do you still get the flicker?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my wife told me LN46C630K1FXZA

Is your att box a new 4k model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dont know, prob not.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has a ton of memory... so maybe so.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im not home.

That may be part of the issue, this type of problem usually comes from a resolution mismatch, so going into the individual devices and setting them to be locked at 1080p will usually help.

If it doesn't, the next step is a microprocessor reset of the denon, which I can guide you through if needed. That is done with caution though because it erases all the settings and then you have to reconfigure all the denon speaker setup again

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok this helps. ill be in touch.

You're very welcome, and best of luck!

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.