Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Nathan, same guy as Kodi box. You mentioned the section for

Customer Question

Nathan, same guy as Kodi box.You mentioned the b section for speakers. The manual seems to refer to that as additional surround spkrs. Please explain.
That being said, I was given a box cabinet of speakers...like a tower. Kustom by Ross is the placard. About 4' by 1'x 1' and has black pleaded vinyl I guess padding around it. What do you think about locating in the far corner, approx 12' from center sofa. I haven't finished wiring the sony yet so will do it together. Will Sony receiver amp power it or does B have it's own amp? Seperate volume control needed?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

B channel has it's own amp (internal) but it is "assignable", so for a 7ch amp, you have the 5 main room speakers typically, the extra 2 can be assigned as B, or zone 2 (depending on model) or B channel. Those speakers sound like they might be powered type speakers meant for use with a guitar or other instrument perhaps. If you could shoot me a photo of the jacks on the back I'd have a better idea of how it could be used.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ya got me confused, I thought zone 2 was different then spkr set B.
For the record it will be 4 additional spkrs. 1 set or 2 spkrs bose for patio and 2 ceiling dining room spkrs
Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Z2 is different, on some amps (not your model) it would be used to drive the speakers, on yours it would really be for use with an external amp though, you'd use the B channel in this case, and volume is primarily managed via the volume control knobs in those other rooms.

Customer: replied 5 hours ago.
Sorry for delay, the b channel reduced the volume of the set of speakers in the dining room so sound levels were way off when walking thru rooms. I put the two set's, dining room and set of outside bose on the same terminals as living room speakers. Is there a chance of overloading the amp?
We had touched on Kodu... replacing roku on lg roku smart tv...I'll start a new thread
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 hours ago.

Yes you can overload the amp running them like that, really the main intent of the B channel is to run either A or B, rather than both together (though it can be done).

You may be better off actually purchasing an external amp to drive your other speakers, it would take some load off the receiver.