Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I just purchased unit and not familiar with all this

Customer Question

I just purchased unit and not familiar with all this technology. I have the bose sound touch 300 speakers and wish to connect them to my denon avr s920w. I can't seem to figure it out
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new, Denon AVR S920W
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A Nothing happened, speakers aren't connecting
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I believe getting sound is just the start
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me how you were trying to connect them? You mentioned "not connecting", were you trying to use bluetooth or wifi?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The sound touch 300 does not come with cables to connect to receiver I do not want to plug into the wrong outlet. How do I make the connections
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info). I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had lost my home due to a fire a few weeks ago, banks are on notice for card, Lost a lot of stuff and not sure if clean out company took personal info, thats why we have some difficulty, Lets see if we can chat me thru this
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Sure we can continue here. I'm sorry to hear about the fire.

I can tell you what cords and settings to use, but what this really comes down to is that the bose and denon just aren't an appropriate match.

They are both providing a similar function (switching/routing). The denon is its own amp and meant to drive passive speakers (5 or 7), while the bose is an active/powered speaker with its own amp. This would be similar to using the denon with no speakers and just using the built in tv speakers, there is no benefit or purpose to the denon at that point.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i think I should be able to have the two connect and have radio etc, correct
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It is possible to connect them, you are just not utilizing most of the denons abilities.

What you'd do is run all your inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, etc) into the denon via hdmi in.

Then hdmi OUT from the monitor out port on the denon to the hdmi in on the bose,

and hdmi out from the bose to the tv

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Additionally, you'll have to go into the denon setup menu, under Setup, then Hdmi Setup, then HDMI AUDIO OUT, and set that to TV so the sound comes through the bose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let me give that a quick try
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how it works

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.