Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a bose soundock (the original)... and for some reason

Customer Question

Hi, I have a bose soundock (the original)... and for some reason no sound is coming out. I know it has power, I know the ipod works. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Bose soundock original
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no trouble shooting. Just made sure it was getting power (it is charging the ipod) and that the ipod works with headphones
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, these Bose sound docks have a very high failure rate. The problem lies in the circuit board underneath the dock connector. This is not something that a simple cleaning or reset will fix, unfortunately, and will require repairs. Your options will be to send it in direct to Bose for factory service (1-***-***-****) though this can be slow (long turnaround time) and expensive if you’re beyond the warranty period (they generally offer you a partial trade in towards a refurb model rather than actually repairing)
Or, as an alternative to the factory service is to contact the guys at Invebo: http://www.invebo.com/usstore/index.html

who will generally be able to do a much quicker and cheaper repair service.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.