Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

No sound from my Pioneer elite VSX-43, sent it back to best

Customer Question

no sound from my Pioneer elite VSX-43, sent it back to best buy geek squad and hooked it all back up and nothing?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer elite VSX-43 just over a year
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: was working fine then nothing, are you reading my text
JA: No. I'm the Home Theater Technician's Assistant.
Customer: what
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Did Best Buy get the receiver to produce sound when they had it please?

Also, what's connected to the receiver for sources (ex: Cable/SAT box, DVD, CD player, etc.)?

If you select say- FM tuner, is there sound from it's internal tuner?

Let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
best buy sent it out to be repaired, they replaced a part Q446, but the local store didn't know if it was working when I picked it up. I have a CD player and the TV is on the ARC surround sound, but nothing is making sound, no the radio isn't waking sound either
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you still there/?
Expert:  DJAVS replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** can help you with this. Your receiver has a speaker switch on the front and a multi-zone switch on the front. One of these might be set wrong. You should try connecting a speaker or two to the back of the receiver on the RIGHT or LEFT speaker output. Then select FM stereo as your input. Turn the volume up a little and try switching the multi-zone switch to different settings ( it should actually not be in multi zone mode). Also, try switching the speaker switch on the front and you should be able to get it working.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hooked all the speakers and system back up and no sound is being produced. I switched the the speakers from a to be to ab still nothing. The radio, cd player, TV doesn't matter, no sound. I cannot get the menu to come up on the TV either. It is not responding to the remote when I push tv.
Expert:  DJAVS replied 4 months ago.

On this unit, the speaker switch is all the way to the left next to the input selector knob (you probably already know this). Depending on what input is selected, the speaker switch will give you a selection of what configuration you can use. In the display on the receiver, the speaker indicator light is at the top almost in the top right corner. This will say A,B, or AB. If you do not see A, B or AB, your speaker system is turned off. Unfortunately the only way to change this setting is to use the HOME MENU that you would access through your remote control and go to #8 SPEAKER SYSTEM. Your TV will not see the HOME MENU unless the TV is connected with an HDMI cable (composite will not work). If you can not see the HOME MENU, your last hope is to FACTORY RESET the unit.

Resetting the main unit.

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the

factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this..

1 Switch the receiver into standby.

2 While holding down BAND, press and hold STANDBY/ON for about two seconds.

3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press AUTOSURROUND/STREAM DIRECT.OK? shows in the display.

4 Press ALC/STANDARD SURR to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver

has been reset to the factory default settings.

( If the Control with HDMI function is set to ON, the HDMI function’s Standby Through is set to anything other than OFF, or the Network Standby is set to ON, you may not be able to reset the unit. In this case, reset either by turning OFF the Control with HDMI function, or by putting the unit into standby mode by turning off the power of all the connected devices, and resetting after the HDMI indicator on the front panel turns off.

You can also factory reset the network connection settings which I could also tell you how to do.)