Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Bose amazing 4 CD stero system. It's 10 years old. Recently

Customer Question

Bose amazing 4 CD stero system. It's 10 years old. Recently the bass has rattles and roars out of control. There doesn't appear to be any outward controls on remote. Help.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Hold on, it is a major op to model AWRCC1 Serial # 044417C81216933AC I'm guessing it is 10-12 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: So far you're it.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I contacted Bose in Manila Phillipines. The 3 changer deck is caphflooie, reads and rejects CDs as "Error". Agreed to sen d unit to them for repair. Perhaps th problems are inner connected. Related. I don't know. Thanks for all enlightenment you can give.Pearl. Phil
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Offhand the bass rattling and going out of control is due to the woofers being worn/tired and the foam surround that acts as the "suspension" to the speaker is dry-rotted (which is common in the 10 year range). That said there are no settings/adjustments that will fix this. These would need to be "re-foamed", or replaced to fix the issue, and since Bose are the only ones with access to replacement parts and schematics, they would need to be contacted directly regarding repairs made to this unit. However, given the age of the system- and the cost of repairs, I would seriously consider whether or not putting much money into this system is cost-effective? Electronics have a finite lifespan and duty cycle- and as such, are not designed for infinite usage. In the 10-12 year range is when we typically have to ask whether or not it's more cost effective to purchase a new system. However if you'd like to have this repaired, then you would need to setup a repair ticket on this system through Bose:

BOSE

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.