Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

The remote control for our Bose system also controls our TV

Customer Question

The remote control for our Bose system also controls our TV for both Foxtel and free to air. It now won`t change channels although I have replaced the batteries
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Samsung about 2 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only changed the batteries. The failure to change channels happened suddenly. If I stand close to the TV and depress the button on the remote several times it will then sometimes change the channel.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, can`t think of anything else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of the Samsung?

Also, are you using any sort of a Box" to receive Foxtel, or is this direct aerial to the TV for the connection please?

Additionally, if you use the original Samsung remote- does that remote consistently change channels? Or does it exhibit the same symptoms as the Bose remote?

Let me know and we can proceed.