Steve G., Master Technician
Experience:  Audio Video System design and repair.
329447

How to wire bose 901 speakers to Kenwood KR-V8020 receiver,

Customer Question

how to wire bose 901 speakers to Kenwood KR-V8020 receiver
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Kenwood model KR-V8020 audio-video stereo receiver. It is about 12-14 years old range. Bose speakers have active equalizer vintage V.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much other than wired speakers direct without equalizer.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

The 901s had an equalizer that usually connected to the tape loop on amplifiers and receivers of the day. Modern receivers don't have that so getting it to work isn't always easy.

Let me look at the details of your receiver. PLease reply so that I know you are here.

Steve

Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.

Great news Your receiver has 4 tape loops. Use Tape 2. Connect the Tape 2 REC jacks to the IN jacks on the EQ. Connect the Tape 2 PLAY jacks to the OUT jacks on the EQ.

Press the Tape 2 Monitor button on the front of the Kenwood and you should be in business.

If you would, please take a couple of seconds to rate my service using three to five stars. My rating is very important to me, having helped over 20,000 customers like yourself.

It does not close our discussion. We can continue if needed but it is the only way I am credited with helping you. It does not cost anything to rate my service.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Steve