Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

WHEN I SELECT CD ON MY BOSE PLAYER AND INSTALL A CD IT JUST

Customer Question

WHEN I SELECT CD ON MY BOSE PLAYER AND INSTALL A CD IT JUST READS AND SAY IT WON'T PLAY AND EJECTS THE CD.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: BOSE. HAD IT FOR FIVE YEARS BUT HAVE HARDLY USED IT.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I TRIED TO BLOW AIR IN THE CD ENTRY AND THAT WAS NO HELP. NOTHING ELSE TRIED.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: THIS IS JUST A PLAYER.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay! Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the unit POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the unit (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the power cord, turn on, try to play CD.

REPLY back here with your results, so we can keep going.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I DID NOT AGREE TO THE BILLING OF $31.
THERE IS NO POWER BUTTON ON THE UNIT!!!
NOW WHAT?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

If unplugging the unit doesn't help then it needs parts and service. There is not going to be any easy fix.

Go to the following site to look up the authorized repair center for you: http://www.service-center-locator.com/bose/bose-service-center.htm

Despite the bad news, I hope the answer I provided so far was satisfactory. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

Please submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?