Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have Model S 920 and I am trying to activate the unit. I

Customer Question

I have Model S 920 and I am trying to activate the unit. I see a message on the receiver that I must connect it to the television.. Please tell me what to expect once I place the output of the receiver into the input of the television using HDMI cables.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Samsung U H D 75 INCH MODEL I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY I WILL TAKE A PICTUE OF THE MODEL NUMBER PLS WAIT.i AM HAVING TROUBLE TAKING A CLEAR PICTURE. WHEN I TRIED TO ACTIVATE THE UNIT I PLACED THE OUTPUT FROM DIRECT TO THE INPUT ON THE UNIT AND PLACED THE OUTPUT TO THE INPUT OF THE TV THERE WASN"T ANY SOUND. IN ADDITION I DON"T GET ANY SUUND FROM am AND fM.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i PLACED THE OUTPUT OF THE RECEIVER INTO THE TV AND LEFT AND DISCONNECTED THE DIRECTV SIDE. SINCE THEN I STOP SINCE i DIDN"T WANT TO DAMAGE THE RECEIVER. PLS SEND ME SOME INX I WILL TRY THE NEW INX
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What is the model of your AV receiver?