Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

We have a Sony 4khd TV with a Sony sound bar model SA CT780.

Customer Question

we have a Sony 4khd TV with a Sony sound bar model SA CT780. Just about a year and a month old. The sound bar was hooked up and working fine. The other day when we turned on the TV, the sound bar did not work. No cords were unplugged. TV speakers work, but when we switch to external speakers there is no sound. All the lights come on the sound bar and all the buttons seem to function, just no sound. Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The TV is a Sony Model number XBR 55 X850 C and the sound bar is a Sony Model number SA CT780. The TV and sound bar are 13 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Three day. We have tried unplugging the entire sound bar and re installing cord. We unplugged power, unplugged the cable cord and the laser beam cord and then plugged them back in.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we noticed it after a routine update on the TV, but we have been through updates in the past and never had the issue before,.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you might have suggestions on why we can't get the soundbar working.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure how this process is suppose to work. Is someone suppose to respond with possible solutions?