Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

The audio playback is very low on most dvd's I play. FYI, I

Customer Question

Hi! The audio playback is very low on most dvd's I play. FYI, I just moved to a smaller place, so I just hooked up the DVD player, not the surround sound speakers. Could that be the problem?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: about 15 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just hooked it up. One DVD audio played audio back fair, but the 2nd one played back so low I couldn't hear it and the volume was turned up as high as possible.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the DVD player and the TV. Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lifestyle 28/35
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the cables are the original cables that came with the dvd player (2 reds, 1 white). the two reds are hooked up to L and R audio slots in back of TV. the white is hooked up to Pr yellow slot
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

And yes please, connect all the speakers to the Acoustimass module. Ensure that the front speakers are plugged into the FRONT L & R jacks of the Acoustimass.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the surround sound hooked up now, and the volume is louder on the TV; however, there's no sound coming through the Bose speakers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you mean "Ensure that the front speakers are plugged into the FRONT L & R of the Acoustimass jacks"?
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

As posted above; what is the model number of the TV please?

And for "...audio playback is very low on most dvd's...", is it the same when in AM or FM mode?