Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

First let me say I am very slow and not to computer savy, so

Customer Question

First let me say I am very slow and not to computer savy, so if you can put up with me, here we go!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: My wife just bought a Sanyo Model number FW40D36F TV, S/N ME2A1629211416 and I would like to hook up my wireless stero Headphones, Sonya MDR-RF986RK and have tired everything, but no success.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am confussed, she just bought the TV in the last few months and the model number is ***** and the S/N is ME A1629221416
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have NEVER been able to hook up the EP, I did get them hooked up once, but it cut off the sound so no one else could hear
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what and where can I buy the proper cable/connecting wire to hook up the ear phones I Have?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

You need to use connection method #3, at the link below (Red and White plugs to the headphone base, and single headphone mini-plug to the mini-jack on the back of the TV specifically labeled "Headphone Audio Out"):

https://www.ccrane.com/c/pdfs/instructionmanuals/sony-wireless-stereo-headphones-mdrrf985rk.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?