Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Russians cam6.6 is not turning on

Customer Question

My Russians cam6.6 is not turning on
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Hello, sorry you're having problems. Are you referring to a Russound system here (it shows as Russians on the page)? Also, are there currently ANY signs of life on the system at all (power or protect indicators lit)?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was a typo. I have Russound Cam6.6. There is no life...however fuse is OK. Looks like it has no power at all. It was working before without any problems.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Did you visually inspect that fuse or actually use a multi meter and test it? Heres the thing, if the fuse is fine and yet the unit appears completely dead, then this indicates theborinsry or secondary of the power transformer is open and faulty requiring repairs. So, that said, I'm assuming you've checked the obvious like trying a different outlet, checking that the surge protector is working on all outlets, trying a different power cord and using a nerd on that fuse, correct?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked different fuse, I made sure the outlet is ok but I did not check the cord itself. I just don't have another one..
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
I understand, the thing is, if the issue isn't something basic like the power cord, then the Russound does have an internal failure causing the problem. There is not a reset button or anything else that would prevent complete loss of power aside from a fault in one of the power supply components. This isn't uncommon, as generally when electronics fail, they do so without warning and simply stop powering up. That said, it would be worth trying another ac cord, or at least using your meter to test for continuity between the prints and the female ends that plug into the controller amp. I'm not sure what your level of electronics testing and repair skill is, but if you have tools and experience, then the next step is to disassemble the Russound and perform a few tests. Otherwise, sending it out for repairs, or replacement of the unit would be where we're at now unfortunately.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.