Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Received a 5 in 1 turntable system with 3 speed turntable

Customer Question

Received a 5 in 1 turntable system with 3 speed turntable and auto stop as a gift. Model CD684a-BLS. The tone arm does not finish playing the 33 1/3 records. It stops about three fourths of the way and shuts down. Is there something I can do to fix this problem so that the whole records plays all the way through?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you considered / tried removing completely the transport screw ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, will try this. Thought about it but didn't want to break it. It is also the largest of records which I believe are the 78 size records not the 33 1/3 as previously stated. That was my mistake.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Yes please but do not force it out if it would be too hard to extract/completely pull out.