Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I want to purchase a power amp to go with my AVR-S710W. Any

Customer Question

Hello, I want to purchase a power amp to go with my AVR-S710W. Any suggestions
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR-S710W
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NOTHING HAS HAPPENED I JUST WANT MORE POWER TO THE SPEAKERS
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry about the 'capitals'! No just want to find a power amplifier
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Just to clarify, you want to drive more power to your main (front left/right) speakers, not to drive additional speakers, is that correct?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

In either case, really, this would be problematic.

The issue here is that this is a relatively basic model receiver, and it has no preamp outputs (other than for the subwoofer) which would lend itself to use with an external amp. It is possible, but you'd have to use some converters that end up really hurting the sound quality so any power gained would be tainted by noise and distortion.

This is a new enough (current model year) receiver that you'd really be better off selling it (or see if you can return/exchange) and buy a better receiver from the start. You'd spend less for the value of this receiver + upgrade to a more powerful one than you would for the cost of this one + a decent power amp, and the integrated audio quality will be much better in the end anyway.

I can explain more about the forced connections if you'd like, but you'll be much happier in the long run with a different receiver. I can recommend options for that as well.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.