Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Boze soundlink speaker that used to work with my

Customer Question

Hi...I have a Boze soundlink speaker that used to work with my old iPhone via airplay. I have a new phone and I can't seem to connect my Bluetooth to the Boze speaker anymore. Can you help me?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: My phone is an iPhone 6 s
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My old phone allowed me to hit airplay and connect ED to my Bluetooth Boze speaker, now when I try to click on airplay from my iPhone I can't find it ...it's says air mirtor
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No..just how do I connect to my Boze Bluetooth via my iPhone..thank you
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please
Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Ok, what was the model of your old phone? Different bluetooth versions cause this, not all bluetooth is created equally.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi...my old phone was an iPhone 5
Expert:  Rusty replied 5 months ago.

Ok, the iPhone 5 uses Bluetooth version 4.0, and the 6 uses 4.2. There may be a software update for the speaker, that would be the route to go. The software will determine whether or not it will communicate with 4.2. Click here, update the software, and tell me if you can get it to work.