Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Bose Solo TV sound system. Last night I had it on

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bose Solo TV sound system. Last night I had it on mute long enough that it went to sleep I guess. When I tried to turn it on again it did not respond. Tonight I just changed the battery & still no light or sound. I have tried un plugging it to no avail. It is unplugged now. Help.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is new Samsung. This is the replacement TV because of that problem. It is2 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No problem with the TV. Color good etc. To my bose I have unplugged it for awhile ( which usually fixes it) and changed the battery.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just please help.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

When you unplug the system, you have to leave it unplugged for a full five minutes for it to do the reset.

If you've already done that, then it could be a cable or an internal component. Make sure all the cables are secure on the side of the bose system. Also, if it is not receiving any signal for some reason, the light will not be on. Was it working previously exactly as it is connected now?