Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have the new quiet control 30 bluetooth headphones...they

Customer Question

i have the new quiet control 30 bluetooth headphones...they won't connect to skype on my phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: it's a 7s Edge
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i can hear the call on the headphones come in, but when i connect the call, i can only connect it from the phone and then it comes through the phone speaker instead of the headphones i just tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, haven't had a chance to test it out though
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 days ago.

when Bluetooth is enabled and a suitable device is connected, then Skype defaults to using the Bluetooth device, and a tap on the Bluetooth icon on the call control bar during a call allows you to switch to the back Speaker if you wish.

So the first step is to connect it to the phone with bluetooth. Once it is paired, then you can try it with skype. If thses are JUST headphones, without a microphone, then they will not work with Skype. Skype requires a headset since it is two way communication.

I just checked them and it looks like they are just headphones. Skype won't work with regular headphones. You will need a headset that also has a microphone attached.