Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Where is id number for receiving sirius radio located for my

Customer Question

where is id number for receiving sirius radio located for my sound touch 20
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: sound touch 20 111(###) ###-####new
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sirius radio needs an id number to lock onto to this radio
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Do you have an external Sirius/XM tuner you are connecting to the Bose Soundtouch 20 III? If so then the ID# ***** of the external tuner you're using is the one you need to register with Sirius. The Bose by itself has no satellite radio tuner of any sort built in, so therefore would not have a radio ID #. It needs an external Sirius tuner connected to the "AUX" jack, and then the radio ID is the one on the external tuner.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

The Bose only has internet streaming capability, BlueTooth or the AUX jack- no satellite radio provision. If you don't already have a tuner, then one like the unit below will work if connected to the AUX jack on the Bose:

https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Satellite-Radio-XEZ1V1-Vehicle/dp/B00DESFIQG/ref=pd_lpo_107_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6JDXTWJEJGAX44T41BP2

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Sirius will connect to that Tuner itself- not the Bose, and the ID# ***** need is on the actual tuner.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.