Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My toddler started playing with buttons on the remote and

Customer Question

My toddler started playing with buttons on the remote and all of a sudden everything stopped working with the HDMI 2
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is possible that the SOURCE button on the remote needs to be pressed, at brief intervals, until the HDMI-2

shows up on the screen... and HDMI-2 starts working again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is the gadget that he started playing with
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

That is a Sony device, and it looks, frankly, like a Game Controller handheld device, not a TV remote.

The remote for the TV is another device, undoubtedly... do you still have it about?

If so, the SOURCE button on that remote is what you should try pressing, then waiting, then pressing again and waiting again if that doesn't cure it, until you get the SOURCE set correctly again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's a Sony Google TV DVD player remote / model # NSG-MR1 -- thx Jamie.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Just had the model number there
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

On that Sony remote, that you have posted a picture of, the 'INPUT' button is probably the equivalent of the usual sort of remote's SOURCE button. It may be the one that has disturbed the settings.

Pressing it once shifts the choice of what signal source or port on the TV, the TV is paying attention to and getting its input from, one step along the list of choices available on this TV.

So, if you press it, and wait, and press it, and wait, you get a look, eventually, at all the results of choosing an Input or a signal SOURCE, you see. And whatever it is set to, it will change back to that setting eventually.

Try it, please.