Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I purchased a Sony Ht Ct 380 soundbar in January and I am

I purchased a Sony Ht Ct 380 soundbar in January and I am having an issue with it. The sound is pulsating up and down. What could be the issue with it?
Leonard Luckett

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Leonard,

does this happen with multiple inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, games, apps, etc)?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for confirming, Leonard.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty amplifier circuit or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; but since it is less than a year old, it would be under warranty and best addressed by calling(###) ###-####to file a warranty claim for repair/replacement.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your help!

You're very welcome, Sir.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,