Thank you for confirming, Leonard.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty amplifier circuit or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).
There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.
This is something that would require repairs to correct; but since it is less than a year old, it would be under warranty and best addressed by calling(###) ###-####to file a warranty claim for repair/replacement.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,