Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am using Internet Radio, and the connection keeps cutting

Customer Question

I am using Internet Radio, and the connection keeps cutting out, and showing 30-50% (?strength). This has not happened before, except that we have recently had a new router. If I select another channel I regain reception for 2-3 minutes, then it drops to 30% and cuts out again. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: AVR X2200W bought earlier this year from Richer Sounds.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried any.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are other wireless devices which seem OK, so I assume it is the Denon which is not coping with the signal.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  GeekGal replied 14 days ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this trouble. I will do my best to help. There are several possible causes of the problem. Is your new router locate din the same spot as the old one? Has the internet radio been moved, or is it still in the same place? If nothing has been moved, it may be that your new router does not broadcast a strong signal as far as the old one did. Try adjusting the position of the router and/or temporarily moving the internet radio closer to the router to see if that resolves the problem. If your router has directional antenna, try adjusting them. If it does, and you want the internet radio in the original location. you may want to think about purchasing a "repeater" and placing it about halfway between the router and the internet radio. The repeater takes the signal from the router and broadcasts it, thus extending the range of your router. Please try relocating the internet radio and let me know the results.