Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I own a AVR-X7200W (not upgraded to HDCP 2.2). Yesterday I

Customer Question

I own a AVR-X7200W (not upgraded to HDCP 2.2). Yesterday I had DirceTV install 4K receivers
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: When I select a 4K channel, the DirecTV gives the message that the TV does not support 4K content. When I plug the DirecTV receiver directly in the the LG OLED 4K TV, it works fine. Is there a setting that I need to change on the Denon?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't understand your first question
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please let me know if you need any further details
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Have you updated your cabling? One possible cause of this is that you do need a 2.0 rated (4k capable) high speed hdmi cable between each device, if you don't have that between the denon and the tv, it can cause this issue.

Having the hdcp upgrade would be helpful as well.

A few other considerations are the connections, make sure you are using the monitor 1/arc port OUT of the denon to the tv.

If that still doesn't help, let me know and there are some reset processes we can try to reestablish communication.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

If you've checked all of these, then the issue is the board.

While the denon is capable of passing 4k video, that is only for unprotected 4k video. Your dtv box is most likely restricting everything with hdcp however, and in that case the ONLY option for this is sending the denon in to have the hdmi board upgraded (it is free) to support hdcp 2.2.

In the meantime, you can go direct to the tv with the hdmi cable from the dtv box, then run the arc or optical connection back to the denon for sound.