Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm not too sure... but it is acting all crazy. There was a

Customer Question

I'm not too sure... but it is acting all crazy. There was a storm the other night and I fear we may have had some type of electrical surge
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I have a 8 input receiver and a home entertainment system
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only troublehooting I have tried was to unplug the receiver, modem and wifi and then plugging those back in a certain order
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes... when I turn on the control pad in each room, it only works for one source and it is always the same volume
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Offhand an "8 input receiver" is a vague description and could be one of 100's of units out there. Can you please elaborate with some brand/model numbers so I know what we're dealing with?

Also, what exactly is the system doing, or not doing ("acting crazy" sums up it's behavior but does not elucidate as to what exactly it's symptoms are)?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond later in the day when available.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
D850 is the receiver. By acting crazy I mean that the receiver or controls aren't talking to each other. When I turn on the control in a room, the "radio" source turns on to a specific volume (low) that cannot be changed. Even when I change the source from radio to "iPad
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

D850- who makes it? Russound, Niles, Dayton??

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

When I search D850 I find an LG phone...

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, I have to run- I'll check in later.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russound
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks. What color are the zone indicators on the unit- are they blue, blinking blue or red?

Also, when you said you unplugged things, did you disconnect the main D850 unit from power for 10 minutes, and then try plugging it back in?

Additionally, how old is this system roughly?