Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Louie I purchased a car through a private sale the gentleman

Customer Question

Hi Louie my name is***** purchased a car through a private sale the gentleman whom I purchased the car from did not know the security code to my system .It is a KDC-X692 model faceplate that attaches to the system .There is a 4 digit code that I do not know could you please help me so that I may enjoy my system.Thankyou Don Cameron(###) ###-####
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: excelon KDC-X692
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had not known that the system needed a security code and when I found this out I phoned the gentlemen whom I purchased the car from and he said that the guy he bought it from didn't give it to him .I just tried stuff like entering 1234 or 9999 or 2468 that kind of stuff so I called a tech and they referred me to you .
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes to help me enter a code so that I may listen to my system if ok .Thankyou Don Cameron
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Don and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and since this is a security issue, the prescribed approach is to bring this concern to the attention of an authorized Kenwood Service Center with the serial number of the KDC-X692 and proof of ownership.

Have you considered / tried this approach ?