Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to hook up a denon e300 avr to an old Panasonic

Customer Question

I am trying to hook up a denon e300 avr to an old Panasonic vireo plasma. No remote for the TV so trying to do it with the buttons. The problem is that when I hook up the HDMI the setup wizard on the denon doesn't show on the tv. Options are Component 1 / component 2/ then the three hdmi assignments. Denon avr should hook up to the HDMI 2 location (says AV). but the TV screen doesn't pick up the AVR when set to home theater or receiver...
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: panasonic tcp42x1 worked with another tv using rca but now new tv with hdmi / no joy
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just changed out the cable / no change works with cable box
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, Try setting up the Denon to the TV to the Denon using the same type of RCA connections you used on your old TV, then use the Panasonic's "INPUT" button on the TV itself to select the Component Input setting you're plugged into and let me know if the Setup Wizard will display.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Please review my reply and postback to proceed.