Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I heard a pop last night and lost sound to my definitive

Customer Question

I heard a pop last night and lost sound to my definitive 8060's with pro cinima center and pro monitor 80 surround speakers. i disconnected all speackers and tried to start my denon avr 2313c1 and the power led goes to green display reads reciever than cable sat then goes to blinking red. i did factory reset and same thing happens.
any ideas?
jerry
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: AVR 2313 few years
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I heard a pop last night and lost sound to my definitive 8060's with pro cinima center and pro monitor 80 surround speakers. i disconnected all speackers and tried to start my denon avr 2313c1 and the power led goes to green display reads reciever than cable sat then goes to blinking red. i did factory reset and same thing happens.
any ideas?
jerry
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

By factory reset, do you mean the microprocessor reset?

And when you tried powering up, was that with nothing (other than power) connected to the denon?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
to both no speakers attached and microprocessor reset
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Run the reset a few more times, it doesn't always take effct on the first try.

If no change that unfortunately indicates a hardware fault, which is a short in the power supply or amplifier output stage, which explains the pop from the speakers as well. There is no quick fix for that, it would require repairs. This is a 2013 model, so depending on purchase date you may still be under the 3 year denon warranty. If you are I can give you contact info to file a warranty claim. If not I can help find a repair shop if you let me know your zip code, but this issue often isn't worth fixing, you can buy a new receiver with updated features and a fresh warranty for about the same price as you'll pay for repairs. I can recommend replacement options if you'd prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.