Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My Bose solo5 just stopped working.I unplugged it for

Customer Question

My Bose solo5 just stopped working.I unplugged it for several minutes ,nothing happened.tried to use thr
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: one year.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Changed batteries in remote. Now remote keeps blinking and won't respond
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cold only hook up to cable box
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Do you see any lights on the front of the soundbar?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Okay if you aren't even seeing the green status light at the lower left corner on the front of the bose, that would indicate an internal hardware defect. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

You mentioned it was a year old - if less than a year you'd be covered under warranty. If more than a year old then bose wouldn't cover it, and at that point you're actually better off buying a new soundbar, it would cost more to repair it than to replace it.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with repair options, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.