info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Home Theatre and Amplifiers expert
18621325

I am having trouble with the audio (no sound) when playing

Customer Question

I am having trouble with the audio (no sound) when playing DVD's. My receiver is brand new and was working just fine last week. I may have pressed a ECO or other button on the remote control that is interfering with audio - pairing?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR56108T surround sound receiver - just purchased last week.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried turning system on and off - pressed all DVD buttons on the control
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: FM and AM work fine. Problem is only with DVD audio - using HTMI cable connection
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Have you swapped\replaced the HDMI cable from the DVD to the receiver?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, same cable as was working fine two days ago.

You have to change it to eliminate it

We have endless trouble with HDMI leads its the first thing we do with issues like this.....change it

Make sure you replacce with a modern HDMI lead as this lead has been upgraded many times

So one under 12 mths old

If this works for you >>

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is then conveyed by yourself when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you,the site will only then release credit to me, please note the question does not close and remains open for 30 days, thanks again.

Anthony