Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm trying to sync my direct tv remote to control a Klipsh

Customer Question

Hi - I'm trying to sync my direct tv remote to control a Klipsh sound bar
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sony bravia - maybe 10 years old? I have the speaker connected via optical to the direct tv box
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've been just trying to follow the skimpy instructions that came with the speaker. They do provide a code for direct tv remotes, but I don't know how to enter it.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so -
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If you click the link below, and then select your DirecTv remote you can then follow the instructions to program it using the code that Klipsch provided, or any of the Klipsch codes shown on DTV's page:

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4028/~/how-to-program-directv-remote-control

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.