Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Bose 6 CD changer in my SUV... it won't change from

Customer Question

I have a Bose 6 CD changer in my SUV . . . it won't change from Radio to CD now, and it says there are no discs in it, but I know there are 3 in it. I love the system ( it also provides audio for the DVD system -) so we can't use that either because the mode has to changed for DVD sound. Is there anything I can do?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: The vehicle is 10 years old so the stereo system is 10 years old. If you can give me a minute I think I can get the make/model of the system for you
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was ejecting CD's to replace them with a new batch and it just seemed to get "confused" and decided it wouldn't eject, so I tried to play the one remaining in the changer. But like I said, it is now stuck on radio and won't change to CD
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to ask . . is there a charge for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the home theater technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok - let me talk with my husband before we proceed. I realize I will have to initiate another communication. Thanks for you time!
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joe replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

What is the year make and model of the vehicle?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The Bose system came in the vehicle from the factory