Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

How do I activate the amazon echo?? Just bought the device,

Customer Question

How do I activate the amazon echo??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just bought the device
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

In order to activate it, please do the following

Download the Alexa app and sign in.
With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device (Android, iPhone or Kindle) and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app.

You can also go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.

Note: Kindle Fire (1st Generation), Kindle Fire (2nd Generation), Kindle Fire HD 7” (2nd Generation), and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” (2nd Generation) tablets do not support the Alexa app.

Turn on Echo.
Plug the included power adapter into Echo and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Echo turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Echo greets you.

Connect Echo to a Wi-Fi network.
Follow the guided instructions in the app to connect Echo to a Wi-Fi network. To learn more, go to Connect Echo to Wi-Fi.

Tip: If your Echo doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug and then plug the device into a power outlet to restart it. If you still have trouble, reset your Echo to its factory settings and set it up again. To learn more, go to Reset Your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (1st Generation).

Talk to Alexa.
You can now use your Echo device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Echo device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can use the Alexa app to change the wake word at any time. In the app, go to Settings, select your Echo device, and then select Wake word.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you