Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Dozs my raido bose have fuz, be right back, acoustimass

Customer Question

dozs my raido bose have fuz
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: be right back
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: acoustimass #849400982144pis model#av3-2-1iiimedeiacentor sial# *****
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it juse stop
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 22 days ago.

Can you please clarify what your question is? I'm not quite clear on the problem, has it lost sound or has fuzzy/unclear sound, not turning on, etc?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it just stopped working are there fuses or something else that i can check to see why it stopped working
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
there is nothing at all no sound no power
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
well i think if you dont have any kind of an answer for me just refund my money an i ll call us finished i dont have anymore money
Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2007 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising either. Bose products are built more for looks than reliability and this unit is at double its service life at this point. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button 4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; however bose repairs are generally not feasible as they will cost about as much as a new one. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with repair options or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.