Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 5.1 surround sound SONOS speakers. How do I connect

Customer Question

i have a 5.1 surround sound SONOS speakers. How do I connect my DEON avr791 receiver to the SONOs connect unit so i can listen to cd player etc though the SONOS system?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello Jim, Sorry you're having problems. Please postback with the Model(s) of the various Sonos speakers here, and also how many you have.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i have the playbar, subwolfer, and 2 play 1's with a boost on by wifi and connect unit.
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for the reply. The Denon has NO line level "Audio Out" jacks (which is what is needed to feed the signal to the Connect Box). Those red and white's on the Denon next to "Monitor Out" are actually the "DVD IN" jacks, so those will not work.

There are only two options to get the Denon audio out to the Connect box:

1) Use the Denon headphone jack along with a 1/4" to stereo RCA adapter (below), however this will MUTE the speakers that are connected directly to the Denon:

Adapter:

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=4917&gclid=CjwKEAiA6rrBBRDsrLGM4uTPkWASJADnWZQ4MnuI934LS1TqCRJhEsFCSB8qiapffVhzziQE7M7eTxoCRRzw_wcB

2) Using a "speaker to line level converter" connected in PARALLEL to the Main Front Left and Right speaker outputs on the Denon. This will allow the Denon's connected speakers to play as well as the Sonos speakers. You will run a set of speaker wires in parallel to those jacks on the Denon (Front L/R) and then connect those wires to the "Inputs" of the converter below. Then from the converter, you will use RCA red and white to connect to the "Connect":

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_543ADP12/Russound-ADP-1-2-Speaker-level-to-Line-level-Adapter.html?tp=9070&awkw=78572876905&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=50190041905&awdv=c

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.