Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  connections and repair diagnosis of home theater
20508815

My sharp smart tv will not connect to my dishnetwork remote,

Customer Question

My sharp smart tv will not connect to my dishnetwork remote
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its brand new model LC40N5000U
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Welll I just started trying tonight
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joe replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am guessing that this tv is new and this is your first time trying to program the remote to control the tv, there are generally 1-2 ways to program, via manual code entry and code search entry. Found here ----> https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-tvother

Note that not all devices can be programmed, some do not work with certain remotes, when a remote is made the codes are programmed into the remote, if a device is had that the remote does not have the codes for then there is no way to make it work with that specific remote.

Please try programming as I have sent and if you do the programming correctly and it does not work then it cannot be programmed for that tv or the remote is defective (such as will not work with other devices either (other than the dish receiver).

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.