Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center CD Player With Power

Customer Question

Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center CD Player With Power Cord/ Won't Power On
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Initially it would be worth trying to fully disconnect all components (the subwoofer umbilical cable, the subwoofer power cord, and the AC adapter from the Main unit) for at least 30 minutes and then plug everything back in and see if you have the same problem. This drains all residual current from the system and can in many cases enact a reset.

Beyond that, the only way you can test the AC/DC brick adapter is by using a multi-meter to probe the barrel connector that plugs into the Bose. There should be 24 VDC present at that connector. A multi-meter can be purchased at wal-mart for around $10. You will set the meter to DC volts, then place the red probe on the inside of the barrel adapter and the black probe around the metal shield. If you do not have 24 VDC present then the AC/DC adapter needs to be replaced. It can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/ablegrid-brand-ac-adapter-4bose-lifestyle-5-v20-media-console-dc-power/266313128.html?listingId=341162178&sclid=pla_google_PartsStoreAtBuy&adid=29963&gclid=CjwKEAiApLDBBRC8oICb9NvKsg0SJAD9yOHs3VPcwULh5ZsQ_QDU26XLPzW9YIATFQK6q_2sLOAzmBoCXAzw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Beyond that this would indicate that the issue is actually internal to the Bose unit and you would in that case need to contact Bose to setup an RMA # to have the system repaired (since they are the only ones that service their equipment).

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please view my reply above for the answer to your question.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.