Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Input component not a choice trying to add dvd player,

Customer Question

input component not a choice trying to add dvd player
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: D50n-E1 new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the other choices are there
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we just got the tv two days ago. When we set up the TV component was shown on the screen. The TV is connected HDMI 1. The DVD I have connected with component cables .
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Hello, Just to clarify - when you say "Component Cables" you're referring to the Red,Blue,Green.Red and White RCA jacks on the TV and not Red,White and Yellow connections ("Video") correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

If the set isn't showing the Component selection, then this would indicate a processor "glitch" in the TV and you will want to perform the following steps to try to fix this:

1) Shut the TV off, then unplug it's power cord.

2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (one the lower left rear corner of the TV) for 15 seconds and release it.

3) Wait a minute, then turn the TV on. Also make sure the DVD player is turned on as well.

4) Use the Vizio remote's Input button and see if Component is available.

Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Please read my reply above and try those steps. If the set is still not showing Component as one of it's Input selections, then this points to a premature fault with it's Mainboard (the Mainboardd connects to and processes all external AV sources, and the Input selections). In that case, you would need to return the set to the retailer for an exchange. Unfortunately this is not uncommon with newer Vizio sets. I even had to return the brand new D32 series that I purchased last month for a similar fault.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.