Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Power won't stay on...when the power goes out I get a red

Customer Question

power won't stay on...when the power goes out I get a red blinking power light (Denon avr 5700W)
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR 5700 W...about a year old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Was watching a movie with surround sound. I've unplugged all the speaker wires and unplugged the receiver. I left the speaker wires unplugged and tried to turn the power back on..\
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 25 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you considered / tried a RESET ?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
i have not tried to reset...i don't know how.
Expert:  Louie replied 25 days ago.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.