Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Itsays nocd isinthe machine, buta cd willnotgo in, awrcc1

Customer Question

itsays nocd isinthe machine, buta cd willnotgo in
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: awrcc1 afew years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothingi know of, nothing
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 30 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power (unplug it) and then press and hold the Eject button for 15 full seconds (this drains residual current from the unit).
Wait a minute, then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 30 days ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the disc mechansim has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 30 days ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.