Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have new VSX 530 k. Cannot get sound on tuner fm but on

Customer Question

I have new VSX 530 k. Cannot get sound on tuner fm but on am-real clear. Mono fm has great static on fm. What is wrong?
RBB
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What are you using for an FM antenna on the Pioneer please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The antenna in the box. Just like the one I used for 10 years in the last Pioneer av.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer to communicate by this method.
Expert:  Louie replied 27 days ago.

Hi Robert and welcome to the site, I’m Louie a hardware/component level technician. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...antenna in the box..."

Was the VSX-530-K purchased from a local seller and intended for the Canadian market?

Still and if the FM antenna is known to be good, connected correctly, then the described symptom would almost always be an internal hardware issue. This is particularly true since the additional description of "...FM mono with static..."

That it is new, then it would be to your advantage to bring this concern to the attention of the seller/dealer.

Alternatively, consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center since it would be under some form of warranty.

Please click HERE. Key in your City and State, or Zipcode and select "Home Audio product" as the product line then click on the FIND IT button.

On the other hand, if you are are you considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach, please confirm that you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.