Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Disc won't reject, trying to find it will call back, reject

Customer Question

disc won't reject
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: trying to find it will call back
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reject button says disc problem
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: model no AWRCC2, Ser No 033976c8219341ac, will not recect disc
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power.

Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If that does not work, then the only other thing you can try on a user level, is to leave the Bose unplugged for 60 minutes or more (a full processor reset), and then plug it back in then press and hold the Eject button again for 15 seconds.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.