Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sub woofer will not turn on, Sony rear projection and yes.

Customer Question

sub woofer will not turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sony rear projection and yes. Light on back of woofer will not turn on
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing this just happened
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i had system sold until woofer would not turn on
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Please ignore the bizarre questions about your TV above as that was a computer you were talking to.

Now, you mentioned a subwoofer - which I assume was not part of your TV when you bought it. That said, what is the Brand and Model of the subwoofer and/or Home Theater system you're referring to here today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bose aav38 subwoofer wwill not power on
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks. Bose AV 38 subwoofer that would be? Please give me a brief postmortem. Were you using the Bose regularly and then all of a sudden the subwoofer simply stopped working? Or was it all disconnected and then you simply tried to test the subwoofer with no luck?

Additionally is the subwoofer plugged into the Main unit using the umbilical cable right now and the subwoofer power switch is also tuned ON?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is sub woofer supposed to be pluggef into bose module
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Yes otherwise it will not work.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The audio input cable needs to be connected from the subwoofer to the Bose console to receive a turn on command from the console when you power it up. Do you have that cable connected and have you tried playing the subwoofer all plugged in and unit turned on and playing music?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply but I am here waiting if you need further help.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

It's been 15 minutes since I mentioned plugging the subwoofer back into the main console and testing it and I have heard no reply back. Do you need further assistance with this?