Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lifestyle 25 has a cd stuck half way between cartridge

Customer Question

my lifestyle 25 has a cd stuck half way between cartridge and player and although manual eject works it only comes out 1/8 " so cd still stuck
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: says lifestyle model 20 under machine but my wiring flow chart poster that came with it says lifestyle 25 series II
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: got it as a claimed prize for sales contest somewhere around 03
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: best prize I ever won- just want to keep it going right
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, So you're saying there is a still a CD manually jammed in between the changer cartridge and the slot that the cartridge fits into? If so, you are going to have to be invasive if you're looking to repair this yourself.

First, unplug the Bose from power, press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release then wait a minute.

Then while pressing and holding the Eject button, plug the system back into power and continue to hold Eject for 10 seconds or until the cartridge ejects (as much as it's going to).

If it does not come out all of the way then your options on a DIY level are to either grab the cartridge and attempt to pull it out forcefully to remove it, or to disassemble the Bose to attempt to retrieve the stuck disc, thus freeing up the cartridge.

If you choose to go that route, let me know and I will see if there's a disassembly manual for this.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with then I would suggest sending it into Bose for repairs as they are the only ones that fix their systems and it would be best to have it in their hands in case something goes wrong. In this case I would suggest contacting Bose using the number below:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?