Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to pair Bose SoundLink wireless headphones to Bose

Customer Question

Trying to pair Bose SoundLink wireless headphones to Bose Wave Music System IV, both indicate ready to pair, but not connecting
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Bose SoundTouch Music System IV, brand new.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, The Bose headphones do not pair to the Soundtouch music system.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Each of these devices are mutually exclusive. What that means is the Bose headphones are designed to be paired to a device that sends audio OUT via BlueTooth (like a tablet, smart phone, Iphone, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Additionally the Soundtouch IV system is also designed to pair to the audio out of a Tablet, Smartphone, iPhone, etc.

So each of those Bose devices can receive music via BueTooth, but cannot pair "together" with each other as they are each designed to be an exclusive sound system to whatever "Source" you pair them with.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

To pair EITHER the Headphones or the Soundtouch audio system to a device, you must turn on the BlueTooth setting on the device and then search for available connections ( on an Android phone for example, you go into Settings, BlueTooth "ON", then "Search" and when it find the Bose headphones or Soundtouch IV you click "Pair"). Again only ONE of the Bose devices can be used/paired at a time and they do not work together in any sense.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.