Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have had a bose with the cd changer for several years. Not

Customer Question

I have had a bose with the cd changer for several years. Not sure if I put 2 discs in one slot or if something else is going on, but the # 2 slot refused to eject. I took the top off and gently looked inside but couldn't tell anything. Any suggestions
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: model awrcc1. Not sure when i bought it. Within the last 10 years I think.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Light blinking on the #2 disc- wouldn't advance to next disc and then wouldn't go anywhere. Wouldn't even turn off. Had to unplug it. Lifted the top off the changer without pulling the "tape" that was attached on the left side. Could see the disc. When i put the 4 screwss back in, all 3 disc lights came on and that is when i UNPLUGGED IT.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.