Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I reset my tv9LC320SS9? I use channel 3 for my cable.

Customer Question

how do I reset my tv9LC320SS9? I use channel 3 for my cable. I turned it on and 2 boxes showed up. 1: L1 SPP 2:01:42 2:empty title. I've tried turning power off, disconnect Blu-ray, and vcr , nothing will get rid of it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sylvania 32"Digital LCDtv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started. Ive tried turning power off & disconnecting every thing
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand the numbers and letters appearing on the screen are showing the software version of the set generated by the mainboard. This generally only occurs when the software is corrupt and the set requires this board be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.
If you're still having the same issue beyond those steps then the set's Mainboard (at the link below for purchase) needs to be replaced. If you're looking to fix the TV yourself, the Mainboard is a "plug and play" component and all that's needed to replace it is a screwdriver: http://www.tvpartsguy.com/sylvania-lc320ss9-main-board-ba8af0f01023-1-a8af4mps/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhvbABRDOp4rahNjh-tMBEiQA0QgTGm0eb-GzZIxASwXwvj6HvGkyLJ9umlySOHFM7j-EFxYaAn508P8HAQ Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge $150 parts and labor for this repair and one can be located using the following link: http://http://www.tvrepairpros.com Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?