Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My BOSE Wave radio/ cd, CD is nor working is it possible to

Customer Question

My BOSE Wave radio/ cd, CD is nor working is it possible to trade forworking, radio CD
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: not sure of age,AWRC ip
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NOT AWARE OF ANYTHING. JUST WILL NPT TURN
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i LOKE THE bOSE BUT WIFE ALSO LIKWS cd
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly. If yours has the top load player (I'm unsure as your model number info sent doesn't look quite right), you can just clean the little lens/bubble with qtips and a bit of rubbing alcohol.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.