Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

EVERY CD SKIPS--WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL RADIO WITH THE 3 OR 4

Customer Question

EVERY CD SKIPS--WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL RADIO WITH THE 3 OR 4 DISC ADD-ON
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: THIS WILL TAKE A FEW MINUTES
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: MODEL AWRCC2
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: RADIO--CD PLAYER PROBLEM
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If the issue goes beyond that then it would indicate a mechanical failure.

The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).
I would suggest first following the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.
If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the CD drawer and then liberally spray the can into the opening of the disc drawer to remove any dirt/debris/etc.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the laser lens in the disc changer has failed. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please read my replies for the answer to your question.